A Sit Down Discussion on Activism
by Ethan Glover, Thu, Nov 19, 2015 - (Edited) Sun, Oct 23, 2016
This is an audio recording of a sit down discussion about activism in Keene and what it has become known for in the media. In the order of appearance; Ethan Glover, Rich Paul, Michael O'Day and Nolan Mann.
Download (Right-Click > Save As)
- 0:00:00 Start - Quote from Dan Carlin on the perverse incentive system of activism.
- 0:01:00 Maggie Hassan/Robin Hooding - The tone taken with "enemies."
- 0:04:55 Playing Teams vs. Teaching - Is triggering the "enemy" helpful?
- 0:07:25 Reluctant potential movers, and born/raised Keeniacs disappointed in Keene activists' reputation.
- 0:10:45 Do aggressive approaches just create aggressive defenses?
- 0:16:26 Robin Hooding - Blame the individuals, or accept responsibility as a group?
- 0:22:10 Do locals matter? What about those who have been harassed?
- 0:23:45 Being employed full-time, in the middle of activist drama.
- 0:25:52 Is "ostracism" a net positive? Or just hearsay drama?
- 0:29:00 Moving beyond the NAP and working for harmony.
- 0:30:00 The fairness of the reputation of Keene being applied to everyone.
- 0:32:18 Balancing pushing boundries. What's acceptable and what isn't.
- 0:38:33 Moving away from agression, towards discussion and teaching.
- 0:43:33 Peaceful, unobtrusive actions that still piss people off.
- 0:46:17 *meow*
- 0:46:45 Heroin and the drug war.
- 0:51:40 Are there risks to not taking risks in activism?
- 0:54:23 Divide and conquer for libertarianism.
- 0:56:17 Agorism - Activism and living all in one.
- 1:03:45 Target those who are most open, not those whom you know will react negatively.
- 1:06:30 Weed sale horror story.
- ~ Drama/KAC/SLAP Banter
- 1:12:05 Has ostracism become the same as "safe spaces?"
- 1:12:16 *meow*
- 1:12:17 The Police State
- 1:23:59 *MEOW!*
- 1:24:26 Libertarian Jokes
- ~ Continued police state stories, and something about a dog fucker.
- 1:29:34 *meow*
- 1:31:50 End - Matt (Freaking) Roach