A Sit Down Discussion on Activism
by Ethan Glover, Thu, Nov 19, 2015 - (Edited) Sun, Sep 10, 2017
This is an audio recording of a sit down discussion about activism in Keene and what it has become known for in the media. In the order of appearance; Ethan Glover, Rich Paul, Michael O'Day and Nolan Mann.
Download (Right-Click > Save As)
- 0:00:00 Start - Quote from Dan Carlin on the perverse incentive system of activism.
- 0:01:00 Maggie Hassan/Robin Hooding - The tone taken with "enemies."
- 0:04:55 Playing Teams vs. Teaching - Is triggering the "enemy" helpful?
- 0:07:25 Reluctant potential movers, and born/raised Keeniacs disappointed in Keene activists' reputation.
- 0:10:45 Do aggressive approaches just create aggressive defenses?
- 0:16:26 Robin Hooding - Blame the individuals, or accept responsibility as a group?
- 0:22:10 Do locals matter? What about those who have been harassed?
- 0:23:45 Being employed full-time, in the middle of activist drama.
- 0:25:52 Is "ostracism" a net positive? Or just hearsay drama?
- 0:29:00 Moving beyond the NAP and working for harmony.
- 0:30:00 The fairness of the reputation of Keene being applied to everyone.
- 0:32:18 Balancing pushing boundries. What's acceptable and what isn't.
- 0:38:33 Moving away from agression, towards discussion and teaching.
- 0:43:33 Peaceful, unobtrusive actions that still piss people off.
- 0:46:17 *meow*
- 0:46:45 Heroin and the drug war.
- 0:51:40 Are there risks to not taking risks in activism?
- 0:54:23 Divide and conquer for libertarianism.
- 0:56:17 Agorism - Activism and living all in one.
- 1:03:45 Target those who are most open, not those whom you know will react negatively.
- 1:06:30 Weed sale horror story.
- ~ Drama/KAC/SLAP Banter
- 1:12:05 Has ostracism become the same as "safe spaces?"
- 1:12:16 *meow*
- 1:12:17 The Police State
- 1:23:59 *MEOW!*
- 1:24:26 Libertarian Jokes
- ~ Continued police state stories, and something about a dog fucker.
- 1:29:34 *meow*
- 1:31:50 End - Matt (Freaking) Roach
Check out the next episode, "Fuck It! We'll Do It Live! Ep. 1."
Many libertarian activists have opted for taking an aggressive approach in the hopes of getting more attention. I've offered a better, more precise approach.